This recipe came from the Taste of Home website. I omitted the walnuts when I made this. The caramels are very viscous and will eventually melt together so paper between them is important. You get a nice honey flavor on the front-end. Recommend!!
1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup honey
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line a 8-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter and set aside.
2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the cream, honey, sugar and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a candy
thermometer reads 238°.
3. Using a pastry brush dipped in cold water, wash down the sides of the pan to eliminate sugar crystals. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy
thermometer reads 255° (hard-ball stage). Stir in walnuts and vanilla; return mixture to 255°.
4. Remove from the heat. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape saucepan). Let stand until firm, about 5 hours or overnight.
5. Using foil, lift candy out of pan; discard foil. Cut candy into 1-in. squares. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: about 1-1/2
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC