Here’s a super simple marinade that uses honey that is solid and delicious.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or tamari*)
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Whisk together the ingredients for (one) marinade in a small bowl until combined.
- Combine marinade with chicken in a ziplock freezer bag, and toss until the chicken is evenly coated in the marinade. Carefully press out any extra air that might be in the bag, then seal. (You will need 1/2 cup marinade per 1 pound of chicken.)